Weather Updates on-the-go

I ran into some rough weather a few days back and realized it would be a great thing to have weather updates and forecasts on the phone. I use the Forecast-Fox add-on in Firefox for the weather data which I can only use when I'm using my computer. This pulls data from Accuweather which i find fairly accurate. To get this data on the phone over GPRS, do the following:

2. Enter your location and select whether you want Metric or English units.
3. Get the URL of the web feed.
4. Go to this address using the inbuilt browser of your phone.
5. Click on "Yes" to add this feed to the inbuilt RSS Reader.
6. You may want to set this feed to update once every day. This can be done from the "Schedule Update" option for each individual RSS feed.

(You need to have GPRS enabled to be able to do this. You may find some tips and tricks here.)

Screenshots for the RSS feed are given below:


No comments: